List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2004-01-17 3:03:43

On Friday 16 January 2004 14:40, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Freitag, 16. Januar 2004 11:28 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> [...]
>
> > I dont think there is a need for a distinct web browser. Where is
> > konqueror insufficient as a browser?
>
> Yes, I fully agree. My answer only hypothetically referred to the
> proposition of making konqueror "behave like a completely different program
> depending [on] mode".
>
> > On the contrary I sometimes miss a distinct file-manager, because
> > konqueror is best suited for browsing(online and offline) and not
> > managing, but to solve this you would only need to be able to change
> > between
> > click-to-execute and click-to-select on the fly, something I trying to
> > work out a model for.
>
> Ctrl+Click selects objects as much on the fly as can be. I can't imagine a
> more "on-the-fly" way.

No Ctrl+click selects additional object. If you already have a selected
object, and wants to select a new, you would need to use it to deselect the
old then again to select the new. If you have many objects in your old
selection, it becomes quite annoying.

I only need to point to JuK to find a application that realized double-click
is better for management even if single-click is better for browsing. The
idea of selecting one global setting just doesnt make any sense.

`Allan