List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       Marco Martin <m4rt () libero ! it>
Date:       2004-01-16 12:22:38

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

>>>good point, though i wonder how many people use that button? all other
>>>browsers have it as well...
>>
>>I use it.  I don't use Konqueror as "only a webbrowser" or "only a
>>filemanager".  Sometimes I just want to press Home in my webbrowser
>>and go to my homedirectory.  It's a quick and easy access solution.
>

> So, based on what you say, I can also say I MUST HAVE Cervisia 'cause often I
> use my webbrowser to browse files and checking cvs?!?!
>
> But, anyway, if you WANT that, you know that you can right-click the toolbar
> and customize it.
>

>>Maybe it's the wrong way to use KDE but I've been doing it for years. :)
>

> So customize your toolbars to be like you want, you can even have a cervisia
> button there ;)

I think the view modes toolbar buttons should be little different:
maybe all of the iconview buttons should be in only one drop down button
and another drop down button for the "developers views" cervisia fsview
and kfilereplace. these two buttons should have an individual
configuration in the toolbars config dialog, allowing the users to have
only the icon view buttons and not the "developers views", that
maybe(but i am not sure of this) could be disabled by default or placed
in the "extra" toolbar.

--
Mart