List:       kde-usability
Subject:    ad Kopete
From:       Krisztian Mark Szentes <mark () szentes ! org>
Date:       2004-01-16 12:35:06

> From: Henrique Pinto <henrique.pinto@kdemail.net>
> One should also take in account the fact that Kopete will never loose
> the ability to send multi-line messages, and as long as the message
> input field is a multiline widget, "Enter" can't be used as default
> shortcut. The discussion is not about what should be the default,
> because the default was already chosen and is unlikely to change. The
> discussion is about providing an easier way to change that setting,
> as it is not very clear for most users what should be done now in
> order to achieve that.

I follow this Kopete discussion closely although I never used it. An
obvious solution would be a prominent widget (toolbar icons, combo box,
whatever) to switch between the multiline widget and CTRL+ENTER to send
and a single line widget and ENTER to send.

I also think that Kopete, KMail and all other apps that are usable only
after the user has entered a lot of information (Mail address, account
information, etc.) need a first-time wizard.

Mark

--
'The difficult decisions come when the "Right Way" does not actually
"work", and all working ways are "Not Right".'