List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: CTRL+ENTER or ENTER?
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-10 16:07:06

On Saturday 10 January 2004 01:25, Nadeem Hasan wrote:
> > Without a change in the style guide we will NOT change the default.
> > We stick to the (style guide's) rules.
>
> Even if it means inconveniencing more than most users? This is really
> absurd.

KDE apps being inconsistent with their very own desktop's HIG rules is by
definition more inconvenient. Take a look at Apple - they have very strict
HIG rules. KDE's style guide is very weak in that respect, the few rules that
are there have to be obeyed strictly as far as I'm concerned.

Heck, I would vote for reporting grave bugs to each and every violation of the
style guide of each and every KDE app. Too bad we don't have the resources
for such an audit, not to mention that many teams don't have the time to fix
the issues before KDE 3.2.

--
Martijn