List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: CTRL+ENTER or ENTER?
From:       Henrique Pinto <henrique.pinto () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-01-09 14:02:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 08 January 2004 23:15, Frans Englich wrote:
> I don't find it very hard to judge what behavior to choose. What do
> you think?

About 80% of the messages I send or receive over ICQ have more than
one line. Probably it will be less for other people, but I wouldn't
say that multi-line messages are very rare.

Making it difficult to send multi-line messages (who will think in
using Ctrl + Enter to add a new line?) would not be an improvement
IMO.

As the behavior is customizable, I would vote for keeping it in the
current state, unless someone could provide me data to back up the
statements used to show that using plain Enter would be better (no,
reviewers' opinions aren't enough).

--
	Henrique Pinto
	henrique.pinto@kdemail.net