List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: CTRL+ENTER or ENTER?
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-09 14:54:43

On Friday 09 January 2004 02:15, Frans Englich wrote:
> Reasons for doing it:
> B1: It is consistent with KMail(possible others)

This one is *THE* reason why we chose the shortcut.

KDE first and foremost should be consistent with itself and KDE applications
should be well-behaved citizens, adhering to the KDE style guide.

Hence, Kopete uses ctrl-enter by default.

Defaults can be changed, I use 'Enter' myself too, but the default will be
Ctrl-Enter until the style guide changes. I really don't care about what apps
on other platforms do, they tend to be an inconsistent mess anyway once you
combine software from multiple vendors ;-)

--
Martijn