List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KControl brainstorming in all its aspects
From:       Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze () pandora ! be>
Date:       2004-01-07 17:31:32

Op woensdag 7 januari 2004 18:15, schreef Frans Englich:
> On Wednesday 07 January 2004 05:07, Frans Englich wrote:
>
> This goes fine :)
>
> Some updates:
>
> * Regading wiki use:
> We seemes to agree pretty much on most things so I don't think a wiki is
> necessary for solving decision problems.

I don't agree with this: it is necessary that also people new to the
discussion can see all the arguments so that I don't need to duplicate them
over and over again. (I didn't read the arguments yet e.g.)

ps: Keep also in mind that we don't agree on all things (or that this isn't
always clear).

> * Clarification: Everything we discuss(except notable exceptions) is for
> 3.3 - nothing gets added for 3.2.

Of course.

?

> * Rationalis for "Hardware" instead of "Peripherals":
> Peripherals is a rather abstract term while Hardware is more straight to
> the point, I also think Hardware translates generally more appropriately
> than Peripherals. Also, what we will have under Hardware is more than just
> things in the "perimeter"(such as keyboard and mouse) but include all kinds
> of Hardware. Objections welcome of course :)

But in this case you also have to move the monitor energy saving settings etc.
to this part: peripherals =! hardware. (what is IMO a good thing as you can
read in my khardware part idea ;))

> * Regarding Vim part:
> Preferably I would see the Vim part moved out of KControl because the
> settings is specific to one "app". The Vim parts settings are not global
> but the one's in "Component Chooser" are. The settings in Vim part should
> be invoked from the actual editor but that is not currently possible with
> the gtk-vim interface.. Anyway, it is such a small amount of people who
> will install it anyway so it's ok to have it in kcontrol.. Don't get me
> wrong, Vim is my editor ;-) But we change the name, "Vim Embedding" as
> Dominque and Mikolaj suggested. Objections welcome :)

Maybe: I don't know what it is...

<snip>

- --
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.