List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro () 6mil ! pt>
Date:       2004-01-06 17:42:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Era Terça 06 Janeiro 2004 17:05, e o Aaron Seigo escreveu:
> to demonstrate, forward and back are related and you practically never want
> to go both forward AND back at the same time, right? so why don't we make
> forward and back the same button?

Because you can *choose* if you want to go back or forward, *both* butons need
to be enabled. With stop and reload you only have one of them available at
any time. So, it's not comparable.

> moreover, dynamic interfaces where items appear and dissappear should be
> avoided when possible. sometimes it isn't and hiding/showing widgets is the
> best that is possible (tab widgets are an example of this). but generally, a
> static interface is faster to use and learn.

We have this "dynamic" behavior in Konqueror. We use the same Konqueror to
browse different protocols (file:/, web:/, print:/) and dynamicaly change the
interface so it adapts to the function.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents. Regardless of what the defaults are, I still
would like to have this *option* in Konqueror. But as I'm not a developer,
that's just a wish.

--
Rui Malheiro				Edifício Empresarial 3 - Sala 2.09
Director Técnico				Pólo Tecnológico de Lisboa