List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Lock kicker applet handles/applet menus
From:       Henrique Pinto <henrique.pinto () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-01-06 4:32:04

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 04:15, Shlomi Loubaton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that some new users tend to close/move kicker applets
> when actually all they wanted was to click something in the applet
> and missed it by few pixels. the result is usually frustrated users
> who "accidentally made their task bar disappear". i think that
> maybe an option to disable the applets drag/menu handles would be
> nice. Maybe even add a checkbox option in the menu you get by right
> clicking the kicker.

The option you are looking for already exists, check out the Advanced
settings in Kicker's config.

Making the taskbar disappear accidentally should be really hard,
providing that it requires the user to click on a very small specific
area, and then choosing a menu item far away the place he has
clicked...

--
	Henrique Pinto
	henrique.pinto@kdemail.net