List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Kde-accessibility] Re: KDE screen resolution policy
From:       "Friedrich W. H.  Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2004-01-02 20:01:29

Am Freitag, 2. Januar 2004 19:14 schrieb Luke Chatburn:
> It is also worth noting some statistics I saw a few weeks back (I forget
> the link, unfortunately :-/ ), that the majority of users (> 95%) are now
> running > 800x600.

Users living where...? Do not forget that there are large parts of the world
where I expect even an old P100 to be close to luxury. Users there might not
like it to be forgotten.

And I myself would like to be able to do a remote ssh/X11 login via my little
mobile computer to the main computer of our flat ;) where 640x400 would be
nice to have.

Remember Geoworks which did work with that resolution as well. I don't think
today's apps have special things that Geoworks didn't. So it should not be a
problem to offer a usable KDE for 640x400 resolution...

My 2 cents

Friedrich