List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: New app name : KName or KNames ?
From:       Sebastien Laout <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2003-12-24 17:42:23

> Personally I would not add the "s" because it only makes
> it more difficult to pronounce correctly.

1 vote for singular.

> Please god no...not another K* app.  KDE application do *not* have to be named
> this way, and I appreciate the diversity when I can have *something* that
> doesn't start with a K :P.

But for me "_K_Basket(s)" means "Basket(s) _for KDE_" (the owning to the
KDE project).
My current name is BasKet with the upper 'K' : that's uggly :-)
And Basket (with lower 'k') seem too common, isn't it ?
My french friends understands that I play in a basket team when they see
the homepage adress :-D
It can be confused with a basket game for KDE, isn't it ?

> That's because the word 'mail' is both singular and plural on it's own (you
> say "I'm going to get the mail" not "I'm going to get the mails"),

Oh OK !
I'm not a native english speaker, and I don't know that !

> I would vote first for Baskets, second for KBaskets.

1 vote for plural => null match :-/

Now, I tend to rename it to KBaskets...
With this name I thing it willn't be confused with a sport or a game
(with the K*, and with the plural) and it's a KDE program, as all other
KDE programs.

Which are KDE programs that not begin with a K ??

Is KBaskets (with the 's') too difficult to pronounce correctly in
english ?
Or is it acceptable ?
In french I don't see any problems...