List:       kde-usability
Subject:    New app name : KName or KNames ?
From:       Sebastien Laout <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2003-12-24 14:02:58

Hello,

I'm developing BasKet and want to have a more "standardized" name for my
app.
So, I want to call it KBasket !
But I don't know if I must have a final 's' or not.

This app provide several baskets to put (drop) everything into it.
So, basket is a plural => KBaskets
I see KNotes : it's also a plural and has a final 's'.
Idem for KJots : it has a 's'.

But in the same time KMail handle a lot of mails and hasn't a final 's'!
Same "problem" for KWord : we rarly have only one word in documents :oD

If I look for "About KNotes" I can read "Notes for KDE".
And "About KJots" : "Take notes for KDE".

So, I ask you if I must call it KBasket or KBaskets.

And is a guidline necessary for this sort of dilem ?