List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMail Composer Copy to instead of CC
From:       Stian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8iland?= <stian () soiland ! no>
Date:       2003-12-23 0:31:16

On 2003-12-22 20:09:16, Jan Schäfer wrote:

> In the KMail Composer, change the CC label to Copy to: and change the BCC
> label to Blind copy to: , or Invisible Copy to: , or something like that.
> Because I think that many people do not understand CC or BCC and put every
> receiver into the To: editbox.
> Perhaps the CC and BCC could be put in braces e.g:
> Copy to (CC):

I agree, I remember how confused I was in my early BBS days, trying to
understand what "CC" was. CC was also a email system, to make things
worse.

Understanding "CC" is even worse for people like me that don't talk
English native, looking it up says "carbon copy", which didn't make
sense to me, what did carbon had to do with my email?

I think your proposal is good, "Copy to:" should at least be
understandable, the concept of BCC is still a mystery to many people,
but maybe "Blind copy" would help a little :=)

--
Stian Søiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.