List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Tab movement [Re: kdebase/konqueror]
From:       Stephan Binner <binner () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-21 15:50:47

On Sunday 21 December 2003 10:40, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

> > Bug 62755: konqueror tab navigation is reversed in right-to-left locales
> What makes you think < and > are placed the same on arab and hebrew
> keyboards as they are on american?

What makes you think that I think they are the same? :-) Btw, according to
http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout "<" and ">" are placed in the
same order on separate keys on Arabic as American keyboards. As you noted the
placements differs so isn't it most natural to look at what the keys show?

> Please revert these two commits.

Because Hebrew keyboard using LTR work now reversed? Does anyone use this?

> The choice of CTRL+< for nextTab was made on kde-usability, I am open to new

I see it was your proposal, but there was not really support with one reply
even quoting your keys reversed. Your sole argument seems to be consistency
of "Shift" usage with window switching for "on single key"-keyboard users.

On the other side you ignore both what the keys symbol shows and the placement
of the two keys on keyboards where they are seperated (except Hebrew one).

Bye,
   Steve