List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kicker bar maiming
From:       Michael Pye <mdpye () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2003-12-21 15:09:30

On Sunday 21 December 2003 10:53, William Leese wrote:

> Perhaps KDE should cater to it's current and near future userbase and
> leave tuning for the distro's. They can more easily judge if their
> userbase will lean more towards the console than the gui, or if they're
> mainly Windows or Mac converts, etc.

This is how I would like to see it. The default install is performed by a
certain class of user, so surely it should target this group.

Distros choose their own target audiences and can use KDE's great flexibilty
to please them.

Sensible defaults are important, but I think we should recognise that there is
generally another step between a KDE release and an end user.

MP