List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Better shortcuts and defaults
From:       Rahul <rahulsundaram () yahoo ! co ! in>
Date:       2003-12-19 7:28:05

Hi

I have a single handed friend who is unable to use kde apps because of the
default shortcuts. I filed a bug in konqueror to  use control+tab for opening
tabs instead of control+shift+n.

It seems that control+shift+n is the default tab shortcut key and I was
redirected to convince you guys first

I would like to suggest that control+tab be made the default key for opening
tabs in kde. This includes konqueror and konsole.

Since control+/- was accepted was zooming this would make it easier too.

It would be also useful to consider using enter key for kopete instead of
control+enter. Again it seems that kopete is using kde's default. I
understand control+enter being used in kmail but enter key for kopete seems
to be more natural.

Non related idea

Is it possible to enable shadow for text on the desktop icons by default?
Should the text be black or white?
Is it possible to have bouncing cursor enabled by default?

Regards
Rahul Sundaram