List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The up button in web browsing mode (was clearer separation of
From:       Troels Tolstrup <troels () tolstrup ! org>
Date:       2003-12-18 21:58:54

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 23:52, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> (one final note: on web sites which have breadcrumb trail navigation
> aids, the logical action for the up button would be to go up the
> breadcrumb trail, and this should be explicitly defined in the web page
> source with the LINK REL UP.  Has nothing to do with the subject though,
> but... )

It might just be me who is silly, but what on earth is breadcrumb trail
navigation?!? :)

> Using link rel up, with directory structure climb as fallback, I'm
> counting 7 to 3.

If this is indeed a just somewhat accurate statistic, then i would say that
the feature is just not working, and that we should seriously consider
hiding it in a default install. This way the people who would not get
confused or frustrated by this behavior could readd it if they want to.

Mvh
Troels