List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: KMail annoyance
From:       Jorge Adriano Aires <jadrian () mat ! uc ! pt>
Date:       2003-12-14 11:00:15

> On December 13, 2003 15:28, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Indeed "many" users will miss it but it is only a fraction of how many
> > who will get annoyed by it - just as Casey Allen. We could easily assume
> > those who want it represent 1% out of the total userbase(the remaining -
> > 99%). *Which* group should adapt to the other one?
>
> None. With a "don't ask me anymore" checkbox, everyone is happy. Case
> closed.

I have many doubts.
How is this handled in terms of internationalization? Is the word "Patch"
going to be translated? Is there a translation at all? Is it a good idea to
translate it (many developers use english in their work). If it is not
translated, won't the warning be very confusing to many many people who have
no idea what that is (and therefore won't feel safe turning off that
warning)?

This are just some of the questions who cross my mind.
J.A.