List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Replacing Toolbar Icons in KOffice
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2003-12-04 10:19:35

On Thursday 04 December 2003 03:08 am, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> There is no hicolor theme anymore.  What were originally the unthemed icons
> (in 24 bit color) are now called KDEClassic.
>
> What I want is that when I choose the CrystalSVG icon theme that I get
> CrystalSVG icons and when I choose the KDEClassic icon theme that I get
> KDEClassic icons (aka unthemed or HiColor).
>
> If it doesn't work that way and it isn't caused by a *totally* (1) missing
> icon then it is clearly a bug that needs to be fixed.

So go and fix it. The only icons that are required to be shipped with kde are
the default ones, which are CrystalSVG. the 'hicolor' directory name has been
chosen for some kind of backward compatibility, and this is the reason the
former hicolor theme has been renamed KDE-Classic (two 's'es) and basically
abandoned.
This discussion is getting stale. The solution is to integrate the missing
icons. You may have better luck and better answers from people that
originally made the icons on the kde-artwork list, or from kde-accessibility.

Luciano