List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Replacing Toolbar Icons in KOffice
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-02 10:16:04

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 09:44, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> > On Monday 01 December 2003 05:14, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >
> >>May I please butt in here?
> >>
> >>I ask/suggest that we not make the same mistake that was make with: "Kile".  These are
> >>nice icons but they are the CrystalSVG style and therefore should be added as that style
> >>rather than replacing the hicolor icons.
>
> I thought that I was clear.  What is the point of having the ability to have different
> icon themes if this feature is not used by applications?

It is used by applications.

> I think that it is best to have the "old" icons which are KDEClasic style be the 'hicolor'
> icons and the new CrystalSVG icons installed as 'crystalsvg'.
Right.

> In which case if the user
> chooses the CrystalSVG icon theme the application will use CrystalSVG icons for its tool
> bars
That's the case by default (and has been for the last 6 months or so)

> and if the user chooses another icon theme and has not installed icons for that theme
> then it will use the KDEClasic icons which were installed as 'hicolor'.
No, the fallback is crystalsvg since that's the one shipped by kdelibs/kdebase.
KDEClassic is there only if you install kdeartwork.

> The point is that the CrystalSVG icons should not replace the current KDEClasic icons.
!!!
1) You are 6 months late for this discussion
2) Nothing gets replaced; kdeclass icons are moved to kdeartwork
3) crystalsvg is the default icon theme in KDE-3.2.