List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Ideas on Reply-To-List
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-30 18:09:59

On Sunday 30 November 2003 12:49, Michael Pye wrote:
> On Saturday 29 November 2003 23:07, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > That's what's there now, but with the labels swapped and a different
> > default :)
>
> Yes, but the labels and default *are* important in order to avoid confusing
> users. Technically speaking, "Reply to List" keeps the automagic behaviour
> of 3.1, and therefore it is currently mislabeled, it's functionality
> matches that of a general purpose reply while the "Reply to Sender"
> currently labeled "Reply" is far more specific...

Yeah, I thought about this a bit more, and if the default reply action would
be 'reply to list' and the 'reply to sender' option would be added as
secondary it would probably work more intuitive.

And as an added bonus it improves upon the KDE 3.1 behaviour in that it also
works for lists that don't set the reply-to header, like many non-kde lists
still do.

> > Given the string freeze the label change can't be made before KDE 3.2.
>
> Which is why I think it should be reverted until it can be sorted out
> properly. The current behaviour is rather awkward if you don't re-arrange
> your toolbar and rather confusingly labeled if you do...

Well, then you should CC kmail@, because I'm not a KMail developer, I'm only
voicing my own opinion :)

--
Martijn