List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: About icon RMB menus
From:       "Dawit A." <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-28 7:06:09

On Thursday 27 November 2003 06:37, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Thu November 27 2003 04:45, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > For some reason the actions often used with a CD-ROM "Unmount" and
> > "Eject" have been moved to a second menu level.
>
> Maybe we can tag some of these actions with an "important" property and
> promote them to the first level menu.

The problem with that is everyone that creates a service menu entry would then
mark theirs with the "important" property flag and we would endup in square
one, huge context menus. Perhaps we can control the service menus included
with KDE, but we sure as hell cannot control the ones created by end-users or
the distros themselves. I do agree that the most important actions for
specific icons like the CD-ROM one should not be hidden way under the third
The most important menu items are hidden in the second level when they should
not...

--
Regards,
Dawit A.