List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: About icon RMB menus
From:       Marten Klencke <mklencke () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-11-26 22:28:33

Hi,

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 22:11, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> My propsal: every icon RMB menu should contain most probable actions
> in top. No more than two of them, they should be carefully chosen
> etc, but IMHO it makes great difference to the direction of better
> usability compared with current situation.

It would make sense to have the most common actions as closely available as
possible, yes. But on the other hand, users tend to not look at the icons
anymore after a while but more 'feel' the distances. For example, if I want
open a directory in another window, I right click, move the cursor a bit to
the right and click. No visuals involved there.

I'm not saying the menu's shouldn't be customized per file type. I'm just
saying that we should be careful about a possible implementation because
frequent undesired actions could be the consequence for users.

Regards,

Marten