List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Fast Application switching
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () uai ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-10-18 23:18:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 18 October 2003 21:10, Andreas Bayer wrote:
> All changes and the current position were transfered without
> saving it to current file.

Technically speaking, how would you implement this?

Something as this would be really difficult to implement, and switching apps
on the fly is not  the most common operation nowadays. Another problem is
that it probably won't work with non-KDE apps, unless someone creates a
standard saying how apps should pass control to others.

Besides that, there's a much simpler way of achieving similar behaviour.
Konqueror already offers "Open With <appname here>" entries in its "Location"
menu. We can create a class to dinamically generate a "Open With" submenu and
put that in every app. Anyway I don't find that useful enough to take up
precious menu space.

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@uai.com.br