List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Closing Konqueror Tabs
From:       Mathieu Ducharme <linux () mducharme ! com>
Date:       2003-10-10 4:11:01

On October 10, 2003 04:53 am, Sean Lynch wrote:

> One thing I discussed on a bug report but didn't really go much of anywhere
> is the default behaviour when you close a tab in konqueror.  Currently when
> you close it, it shows the tab that was to the right of the one you just
> closed. In my opinion it should show the one to the left, for a few
> reasons/examples.
>
> Just a suggestion with some reasons.  Anyone else agree?

That really depends on your browsing habit.

I, for one, generally look at a page, open all interesting links in new tabs
until I'm done with current page. The i close the main page. I expect to find
myself to the first link I opened. Read it, close it, and expect to be on the
2nd interesting link...

Best example I guess is site like slashdot. Open main page, then open all
interesting stories in new tabs, than Ctrl-W (or whatever your shortcut is)
through every articles...

(This is also standard mozilla/firebird behavior, btw.)

But I also understand why some people would like to go back to previous tabs
in other cases...

--
Mathieu Ducharme
linux@mducharme.com