List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Screensaver login security?
From:       Larry Staberg <larry.staberg () boeing ! com>
Date:       2003-10-08 20:28:04

Taking your advice I started to add a wish-bug and found the following
wishlist entry..  Bug 45980.. this bug only has 20 votes, please
vote for this wish-bug to get work done..

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 09:03, Troels Tolstrup wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 October 2003 16:16, Larry Staberg wrote:
> > If this is implemented, it should be a configurable option and placed
> > in the Security & Privacy area of the Control Center.
>
> Should it really have to be configureable? It is not like he can suddenly
> read things he couldn't already :)
>
> > Does this now exist..? I've searched but no can find...
>
> It doesn't seem to do it my system (kde dvs), maybe you should make a
> wishlist bug report?
>
> > This feature is a default policy with CDE on HP-UX systems..
>
> And with Windows NT/2k systems, in fact, i can't metion any system that i
> work with regularly that doesn't work like this, except linux (and here it
> might only be some screen saver daemons too)
>
> Mvh
> Troels
  Regards, Larry Staberg
  voice:  (206) 655-5054              usmail: Boeing Commercial Airplane
Group
  FAX:  (206) 655-0523                        P.O Box 3707
                                              Mail Stop 1W-06
  email: larry.staberg@boeing.com             Seattle, WA  98124-2207