List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMail -- message list and mouse selection
From:       Christoph Niemann <cnieman () suse ! de>
Date:       2003-10-08 7:21:58

On Monday 06 October 2003 19:39, Jorge Adriano Aires wrote:
> > in KMail's message list it is impossible to select a bunch of mails
> > using the mouse and the 'lasso' facility (i.e. click somewhere,
> > drag the rubber band to select some messages, release the mouse
> > button). Useres are used to this possiblity from Konqueror and thus
> > wondering why it is not there in KMail.
> >
> > So, I think this function could be useful. Is there a paticular
> > reason not to have it? If noone objects, I'll file a bug for it.
>
> Err I just noticed it's not really the same thing... mine was about
> multiple selections in the mime tree (I did not specified that method
> but it's just a detail).
>
> Now I'm not sure if I understand you... how woudl that work?
> Because the list of messages in kmail appears similary to the  "Info
> List View" mode in konqueror and you cannot use that 'lasso' method
> with this view simply because whenever you click the view, you click
> one specific icon, so draging the mouse means moving that item...
>
> I may be missing something though.

Actually, it does work in Konqueror's different list views. The file is
only instantly selected if you click on it in the /name/ column (your
case). In all other cases (i.e. start the lasso in the size or date
column), you get the rubber band.

The only exception seems to be the 'text mode'. (which I find fairly
redundant given that there is already a 'detailed list view' -- but
that's a different matter ;-)

Greetings,
Christoph