List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMail -- message list and mouse selection
From:       Jorge Adriano Aires <jadrian () mat ! uc ! pt>
Date:       2003-10-06 17:39:58

> in KMail's message list it is impossible to select a bunch of mails
> using the mouse and the 'lasso' facility (i.e. click somewhere, drag
> the rubber band to select some messages, release the mouse button).
> Useres are used to this possiblity from Konqueror and thus wondering
> why it is not there in KMail.
>
> So, I think this function could be useful. Is there a paticular reason
> not to have it? If noone objects, I'll file a bug for it.

Err I just noticed it's not really the same thing... mine was about multiple
selections in the mime tree (I did not specified that method but it's just a
detail).

Now I'm not sure if I understand you... how woudl that work?
Because the list of messages in kmail appears similary to the  "Info List
View" mode in konqueror and you cannot use that 'lasso' method with this view
simply because whenever you click the view, you click one specific icon, so
draging the mouse means moving that item...

I may be missing something though.

J.A.