List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kmenu and its application repository
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2003-08-31 12:24:25

> This is indeed an interesting question. I'm playing with the idea to let the
> current K-menu be the "system menu" and then offer the option to use a
> separate "custom menu" as start menu.
>
> In the menu-editor you would then be able to compose your custom menu by
> selecting entries from the system menu.
Hum ! Very good idea !

We already can do sort of...
Right click on Desktop and you can affect custom menus to each clicks !!
But I've desactivate this function because I too often click on desktop
(to select files...) and this is openning this menu.

So, this idea is very good !
You so can unify these 2 customMenusOnClickToTheDesktop, KMenu and
personnal menus in kicker to only one thing / interface !!

I agree !!
Too later to include it in KDE 3.2 ?
Or a first feature point for KDE 4.0 ? ;-)