List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kde-base/kde-3.1.2
From:       William Leese <yatsu () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2003-08-23 13:57:02

Henrique Pinto wrote:

>On Saturday 23 August 2003 03:35, Mystilleef wrote:
>

>>Hello list,
>>
>>I suggest placing "toys", "games" and "edutainment" under one  new category
>>called "entertainment".  Having three related groups take up individual
>>space under Kmenu is redundant.
>>

>Edutainment? Who would look for an app like Kig under the "Entertainment"
>category?
>
>Why everybody hates the K menu organization scheme? It is not bad.

It's not bad, but it has some oddities.

Anyone have an explaination why there's an 'Applications' category?
(might be just debian that does this?)

Or PIM?

Or Settings? (take a good look at the contents)

How about Editors? An entire category for 3 KDE applications. Or should
we add image editors, word document editors, sound editors, etc? The 3
text editors belong in Utilities.

This is just a bugfix (atleast for Applications and PIM), not a
reorganization.

- wvl