List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Desktop Icon 'Home' -> 'Personal Files (Home)'
From:       Craig Drummond <Craig.Drummond () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-08-20 13:20:49

> I don't think "home folder"is the right term, as it is actually a
> directory.
> The consense in KDE is to name all directories as such, and only non-fs
> related things such as KMail vfolders as folders.

What's the real difference between directory and folder? Its easier for
users to think of their documents being stored in folders. KDE also uses a
picture of a folder to represent a directory/folder. So, why bother using the term
"directory" at all? They both have the same meaning, and we already displays
pictures of folders...

Craig.