List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE3 defaults
From:       "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2003-08-19 23:53:53

Hm.

>Exactly. Now what is everyone's view on simply discarding "accidental" double
>clicks? I understand that it might be counter productive in that users will
>not learn that their second click is being ignored, but some kind of visual
>hint could be given when a double click was detected...

A systray balloon could unobtrusively pop up and say "There's no need to
double-click icons or buttons.  Your desktop is set to accept single
clicks".  Also, double-click should be detected and ignored.  In
practice (I seen it all the time), people keep double-clicking and
closing the second window that pops up, and get frustrated because they
do NOT understand they are causing it.  I have had to tell them "please
don't double click, because that opens the file twice" and stuff.