List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KSnapshot
From:       William Leese <yatsu () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2003-08-16 15:41:25

Waldo Bastian wrote:

>The snapshot dialog seems to have been reworked and now contains a "New"
>button to make a snapshot. I find that very un-intuitive. What was the
>motivation for this change?

Some changes would make the behavior more obvious:

Place the preview, Save, Save As... and Print... in a frame named
'Screenshot'.
'New' might be changed to 'New Screenshot'.
Move 'New Screenshot' next to the 'Quit' button.
Change capture mode 'Region' to 'Select Region'

I'm not sure the new behavior (or, perhaps it's not new, in that it
takes a screenshot on startup?) is the best approach for the desired
functionality.

- wvl