List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMenuEdit vs. direct manipulation [was: Re: RMB - once again]
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () lagoaminas ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-08-14 23:09:51

On Thursday 14 August 2003 17:09, Sander Devrieze wrote:

> > > I don't agree here: it is complex: changing the icons, changing key
> > > shortcuts, resetting of settings, changing path to executables,
> > > changing the names, changing the comment, moving/deleting/copying
> > > items, adding entries (submenus, applications (which needs a command
> > > like e.g. kcontrol -caption "%c" %i %m),...),...
> >
> > Huh? What do you understand by moving an entry? It has nothing to do with
> > changing the icons or the path to executables...
>
> Just moving an entry in the menu from one place to another :)

OK.

But, if so, why do you think this shouldn't be allowed on menus? I'm not
defending evrything should be doable in the menu. If you want to to change a
command line, you open KMenuEdit. But if what you want is just to move one
entry, it is a bit awkward to have to open an external menu editor...

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br