List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Recents apps in KDE menu confusing for users.
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2003-08-10 18:34:44

On Sunday 10 August 2003 19:39, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> Le Dimanche 10 Août 2003 19:12, Kai Lahmann a écrit :
> .
> > The "quick browser" is a nice toy for geeks...
>
> I also agree that the "quick browser" should become an option in the Menu.

already is,

> The
> less the common user is exposed to the Linux File Hierarchy, the better.
> Normally a 'dumb' user shouldn't have to know more than the hierarchy in his
> home directory.

[Warning: OT]

Actually I was thinking about this the other day and realised that despite the
silly drive letters and its single user orientation, windows is really ahead
of Unix in this reguard (although more by accident than design). Consider
what your traditional windows file dialog shows at its top level: (yes,
recent windows versions have changed this a bit, I know)