List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: RMB - once again
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () lagoaminas ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-08-10 12:07:04

On Sunday 10 August 2003 08:32, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> Of course: we should depends on more things to pass this information.
> Collor can be a part of the markation.

A visible "Most used applications" menu title could also be interesting

> > How would be a good implementation of this?
> > I can't think of an implementation in which my mom wouldn't ask me what
> > happened to "her" menu.
>
> IMO:
> http://devrieze.dyndns.org:3000/gallery/konqueror_rmb_menu/open_with_menu

Changing default association dynamically? I'm not sure I like your idea.

And, btw, how does your grandma feels when she discovers a menu entry changed
it's place? In my school, we disabled the most frequently used applications
list because users were getting confused by menu entries not being in the
same place.

How would your proposal eliminate the "my menu changed w/o telling me"
problem? It is one of the most common problems I know now. In my school, I
had to disable dynamic menu entries everywhere in KDE, because most of our
userbase (around 600 people) was getting confused by it.

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br