List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: RMB - once again
From:       Roger Larsson <roger.larsson () skelleftea ! mail ! telia ! com>
Date:       2003-08-06 14:33:29

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 16.05, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > > I think the functionality of "Edit file type" could be provided as part
> > > of "Open With..."
> >
> > Waldo, why didn't put it into "Properties"?
>
> It could be there as well in addition to having it in the "Open With..."
> dialog.

Properties:

Merging the tabs could lead to confusion
- "I selected test.png to open with gimp, why is all opened with gimp?"
But adding a button(link?) by the "Type: PNG Image" could clear that
confusion.

Open with:

Open With... -> Edit... (or Edit Association..., or Edit File Type...)
Whatever name it gets it should be placed last.
[the purpose is really to edit the presented application list]

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteå