List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Recently used programs
From:       Stian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8iland?= <stian () soiland ! no>
Date:       2003-08-06 13:28:56

On 2003-08-05 22:57:11, Sander Devrieze wrote:

> Most hardware stuff like radio's, stereo's, TV's,... have a separated "logout"
> button: you don' need to access a menu and select logout on your TV e.g. I
> also like to see maybe in another menu. But that's another question and it's
> off-topic to discuss about this in *this* thread.

Just to take it a bit further on in a could-be-flame-style:

My remote control has the power switch (logout) placed on the top,
among with several buttons labeled 0-9 to select the PROGRAM. It is not
located with the buttons hidden behind a panel, buttons for
picture-in-picture, teletext-hidden-text and so on.

:=))

Just to make sure, the Windows "Start->Logout" is not very intuitive as
well, but at least it is located together with most other actions.

(windowmanager buttons, ie. the taskbar and desktopchanger just change
the VIEW.)

--
Stian Søiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.