List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: RMB - once again
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () lagoaminas ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-08-05 23:00:12

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 10:02, Kai Lahmann wrote:
> Am Tuesday 05 August 2003 11:19 schrieb Mikolaj Machowski:
> > Open in New Window
> > Open in New Tab
>
> just "open elsewhere" (need better text), which is configure as being tab
> or window.

I'm not sure I like your idea. I use both options frequently. Just merge the
two tab-related options.

> > Up
> > Back
>
> do we really need all that on RMB?

No. An exception is back, on RMB for html pages when you haven't clicked in a
link.

> > Open With >                 " [1]
> > Preview With >              " [2]
> >
> > 1 - No submenu - Open with this what is defined in MIME type center
> > 2 - Preview in embedded viewer
>
> there should be on top of the menu:
> view with <default viewer> (viewer in current window)
> Open with <default app>
> open with alternate app > (which lists _all_ viewers AND editors in
> alpabetical order.)
> open elsewhere (should be hidden, if no viewer is defined, as does "view")

what about renaming "open elsewhere" to "Other Application..." and putting
this  in the "Open with" menu?
--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br