List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KControl Modules Structure
From:       David Hugh-Jones <hughjonesd () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-07-12 23:55:24

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 09:06, William Leese wrote:

> So remove all the configuration dialogs that can be placed in their
> corrosponding application and allow kcontrol to be the missing
> Settings->Configure X of the DE part of KDE.
>
> Keep it simple.

I strongly agree. I think it is a bit weird and unintuitive that some
apps have managed to infiltrate KControl. It adds to the number of
modules in KControl (which is already pretty high - cleaning up KControl
seems to be like painting the Forth Bridge). Finally, it violates the
idea that settings should be placed close to what they configure. In
fact, I think I would even remove konqueror settings from kcontrol
(except those that affect the desktop window).

Dave