List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Konqueror - suggestions
From:       Stian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8iland?= <stian () soiland ! no>
Date:       2003-07-11 11:52:34

On 2003-07-11 02:22:00, Trian Karayiannis wrote:

> (on a related note, what I would want to be able to write is a simple window
> decoration with a _small_ [show/hide menubar] button. I find I hardly use the
> menus, and having a small button on the left side of the title bar to
> en/disable them would be neat. Is my idea difficult/possible to write?)

Agreed, this menu button could even expand the menu below instead of
turning it on/off. This way, non-menu-users could easy access the menu
if needed in the same way of the big K-button on the panel.

> One other thing I had in mind about this was to put the navigation buttons in
> a single line, rather than 4. I am no C++ programmer, but (from my experience
> with Java) I would imagine this is easily doable. So, instead of Up, Back,
> Forward and Reload taking one line each, they could take 1 line altogether.

I disagree, this would place another dimension (horisontal) into a
vertical menu, for items that are often used. (rightclick-back on the
middle of the screen is much faster than finding and moving to the
toolbar-back-button)

Although this would save space, it would make the menu harder to read.

I agree on your "Open in ->"-idea.  It should be possible to select "New
window", "New window in background", "New tab", "New tab in background".
(anyone seen these elsewhere? :=)) ) These, among with "Copy link
location" and "Save link as"  are the most used link options when
surfing web pages.

Of course, the situation is somewhat different for file management.

--
Stian Søiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.