List:       kde-usability
Subject:    An innovative(?) idea: Wait-for-copy
From:       Jan van Rensburg <jan () epiuse ! com>
Date:       2003-05-14 13:41:30

Hi,

I'm not subscribed to this list, so please CC me on replies.

I have an idea for a "futuristic" copy function (as in copy&paste).
Usually you're working on DocA, and you find you need some part of
DocB. So you open DocB, select what you want, pres copy, go back to
DocA and then select Paste.

What if you can do the reverse. You're in DocA, you want to add
something from DocB. So click "wait-for-copy", go to DocB select your
text and press copy. The moment you click copy in DocB it will
automatically show up in DocA, without another "Paste" operation,
because DocA knows to automatically paste the first new thing that
comes into the clipboard buffer.

Jan