List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Mouse speed still too fast
From:       Antiphon <antiphon39 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-03-30 5:45:35

The KDE mouse components lack the ability to slow down
to quite slow. With more and more users moving to
optical wireless mice, this situation needs changing.

Right now, one of my clients is running KDE and
complained that his mouse still moved too fast even
though he had used the Control Centre and changed the
setting to the minimum speed. I put an xset m 1/2.8 in
his kde/Autostart but the average user would never
figure out how to do this.

Slow mice are also important for complete beginners,
children, and disabled people who are not able to
perceive fast mouse tracking.