List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: embedded viewer vs external program
From:       "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm () usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2003-02-27 16:37:49

>What might help though if konqueror in general had a stronger differentation
>between file-manager mode and web-browser, maybe it would make sense to
>default to "open" in file-manager mode and to default to "view" in
>web-browsing mode.
>
>At the moment I doubt the different modes are visualized clearly enough for
>that though.

Perhaps it's this.  But if you ask me, if I'm web browsing and I click
on an MP3 file, i still want an external player to open it.  Ditto for
images.  Even web sites have kludges via javascript to pop up "Image
windows".  If web browsers opened a new window for different media
types, this wouldn't be bad.  Although I'm probably on the minority
group here.

But, at least on the MP3 file case, who can raise a hand and say they'd
like to stop their web browsing because a Kaboodle window appeared when
you clicked on a stream link?