List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Usability report DTD
From:       Eric Ellsworth <whalesuit () softhome ! net>
Date:       2003-02-15 16:04:34

> appname_cvsaccoutnname_usability_report.xml (or replace cvsaccountname with
> your initials or something if you don't have a cvs account).
>
> This will simplify the process off uploading, adding to CVS and committing
> to CVS and allow maintainers to update their reports through the web
> interface.
I'm confused.  You mean if you're the maintainer, uploading via the web
interface will automatically check the document into CVS?

> > Also, what happens when an
> > issue is dealt with.  Does it get deleted from the report?  Is there an
> > archival copy?
>
> I think we need some new fields in the DTD for each issue to handle this
> something like fixdescription and fixdate, what do you think?

Well, fixdescription is pretty close to solution, but it does bring up the
point of whether this fix or another is actually used.  How about
implementdate?

Will CVS handle the multiple-versions of the file issue?

If not, short of doing a database, I think the best way to handle archival
copies is just to append the date or a version number to the name:

appname_cvsaccoutnname_usability_report_yy_mm_dd.xml

I guess we could just leave that up to the maintainers, but at the very least
I think we should encourage them to keep track of what's been said.  There
will almost certainly be usability improvements that the devs make
themselves, but I don't think we really want to launch wholesale into
tracking these.

Cheers,

Eric