List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Delete (Was: konqueror usability report)
From:       Datschge () gmx ! net
Date:       2003-02-02 0:57:10

> Might be an "transparent TrashCan" would do it nice too. I mean
> there is no confirmation for deletion, but there is a FIFO spool,
> where every deleted file gets into when it is removed. The oldest
> file is automatically deleted when the total size of the transparent
> trashcan is bigger than the size specified by the user (like
> Konqueror's cache). It has a big use when someone accidentally (it
> happens :( ) deletes a file. Most of the time trashcan emptying and
> comfirmation okey-ing just a very annoying things to do, so people
> turn it off, but some rare case it might be helpful... I hope I made
> my point :)

You made your point, and imo this is a GREAT idea! =)
I think with such a feature, transparent trash which deletes the
oldest deleted file when more space is needed, we don't even need to
differ between "delete" and "move to trash" anymore nor do we need to
ask for confirmation on delete (since you can undo it in any case =).
Let's realize that. =)

Cheers, Datschge

PS: Since this would be quite a low level system feature: Has been such a
feature
discussed before by file system developers?

--
KDE 3.0 was  the  breakthrough  in technology
KDE 3.1 was  the  breakthrough  in   eyecandy