List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kmenu
From:       David Hugh-Jones <hughjonesd () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-01-31 9:52:30

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 23:12, kde-usability-request@mail.kde.org wrote:
> From: Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org>

> > > I agree this would be ideal, however we need to agree on suitable
> > > defaults first.
> >
> > Agreed. My guess would be:
> > web browsing (konqueror)
> > email (kmail)
> > word processing (kword)
>
> Euhm... didn't we had this discussion already for the icons on the panel? Why
> would you duplicate the panel functionality in the KDE-menu?

> I hope that whoever wrote "3 most frequently used applications" just means the
> entries from the "Recent applications" menu.

Yes, I did mean that, but the point is that before the user has used any
applications, it would be a good idea to provide some defaults.

Someone said "just say no to intellimenus". I think intellimenus are
fine so long as the user knows that these apps might change. For that,
you need a little title bar in the menu, saying "Recent applications".

Dave