List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: BeOS and KDE compared: screenshots of trash and file context
From:       William Leese <yatsu () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2003-01-27 19:25:27

William Leese wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

>> On Sunday 26 January 2003 01:26, William Leese wrote:
>>
>>> Am I missing something?
>>

>> navigating through the submenus is not a particularly simple task,
>

> If presented properly this doesn't have to be a problem. For example
> there would be a "Home", "Root" and "Mounts" / "Devices" (<-- not sure
> about that one.. but I'm not familiar with KDE's stance on how to
> present mounted devices).
>
> Hrm, wait a second. Why not:
>
> Copy to -> Clipboard
> Move to -> Clipboard

Just to get back on this. While it adds an extra click to the cut &
paste process it allows people to move/copy things easily without having
to resort to our (currently) slow and clunky (for simple file
management) filemanager.

A nice compromise I think. Ofcourse the "Clipboard" entry should be on
top of the option list and easily recognisable. So you'd have something
like:

[Open]
[Open With ..]
[Add ins ..]
[Copy To ..]  -> [Clipboard]
[Move To ..]     [Home]
[Rename]         [Root]
[Delete]         [Trash]
[Properties]

This allows us to eliminate 'Copy', 'Cut', 'Paste'  and 'Move to Trash'.

Thoughts?

- wvl