List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Desktop being $HOME
From:       Arcana <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-12-02 13:17:48

On Monday 02 December 2002 06:25, Gav Wood wrote:

> the desktop is still the place you see first when you log in, it's still
> the place you see when you close your maximised program.
>
> essentially the desktop is the gui's way for (implicitly) portraying "here
> is *your* special place" to the user. - the first port of call so-to-speak.

How about dockable Launch Program icons along the edges of the screen, a la
Windowmaker and countless other more Unix-y Window Managers?  I think KDE
already has this (in a form other than the panel) but I don't remember what
it's called.

--
-- Arcana

Dreams may be in sleep, or may occur waking.  In all cases, listen to your
dreams.