List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Dangerous context menus
From:       Edoardo Causarano <curious.corn () katamail ! com>
Date:       2002-11-26 19:24:29

On Monday 25 November 2002 20:44, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> (by default - we have XMLGUI and can customize if needed)

Let me explain more clearly. This idea  came up in the form of changing the
context menu for the delete/trash entry. Then I extended and somewhat drifted
away the concept to a more general setup. Imagine having a default
uncluttered context menu. Pressing the infamous modifier would trigger a menu
redraw that included even further options. I've seen this behaviour in OsX,
eg. the printer tool. Clicking the add printer icon reveals a menu showing
various printer locations (usb, net, sambe, par, etc...) Command+clicking the
menu icon adds an advenced configuration option that provides certain
functionality not normally used by the average user.

--
  8:16pm  up 6 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.09, 0.77, 0.38